Types of Surgeries
Surgery on Sunday provides only essential outpatient surgical procedures. Any procedure that requires a hospital stay cannot be offered through our program. In addition, only surgeries that rid the patient of pain and diseases are provided.
The most common surgeries offered (not a complete list):
- Gallbladder Removal
- Hernia Repair
- Orthopedics-ACL Repair, Rotator Cuff Repair, Carpal Tunnel Release, etc.
- Mass Excision
Surgical procedures NOT offered through Surgery on Sunday:
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Weight loss surgery
- Removal of excess skin
- Breast Enhancement
- Any procedure requiring a hospital stay
Not all referrals received will be accepted into our program. The reasons below are the most common reasons that acceptance is declined.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) is too high
- Income exceeds that 250% of the federal poverty guidelines
- An individual resides outside of our service area.